Summer Safety Tips
June is finally here, and summer has started! Here are some safety tips to kick off your season safely.
• Before your first BBQ, fully inspect your grill and the propane tank to ensure it is in proper working order.
• Store propane tanks outside in well-ventilated areas.
• Grill outdoors only and set your grill on a level surface away from the house, deck railings, and hanging branches.
• Keep children and pets at least 3 feet away from the grill at all times.
• Never leave your lit grill unattended, and allow it to cool down completely before moving it or disposing of the ash.
OUTDOOR CANDLES AND TIKI TORCHES
• Make sure citronella candles are placed where they can’t be knocked over.
• Ensure that flames from candles or tiki torches aren’t too close to items that could catch on fire.
• After you light the candles, be sure to store multipurpose lighters and matches out of the reach of children.
• At the end of use, make sure to extinguish all flames.
• When hosting a sleepover ensure that you review your fire escape plan with your overnight guests.
• When your child attends a sleepover, ask the hosts to share their fire escape plan with him or her.
For more information on summer safety or to access Hero's World, an interactive website for kids, go to www.playsafebesafe.com.